Online Medical Education Library
Our doctor and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating health issues. Please use our patient education library to learn more about the services we offer and the conditions we treat. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, please contact us.
A neurological examination is sometimes performed to determine if any part of your body has incurred damage to its central nervous system. Many health problems have been associated with nerve damage, and such, this exam can significantly improve the chances of making a thorough diagnosis.
A neurological exam involves a thorough exploration of the body's arms, legs, and trunk.
If you have a neurological exam, your chiropractor may look for signs of:
- Bowel or bladder problems.
- Gait problems (walking, running, climbing stairs, etc.).
- Muscle spasms or twitching.
- Numbness, tingling, or pain and whether changing positions relieves those symptoms.
- Problems with balance.
- Weakened muscle strength and tone.
- Weakened reflexes (a sign of possible damage to the spinal cord, nerves, or muscles.
- Weakness (consistent or intermittent) in your arms or legs.